Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manage one Apple ID and two iPhones with iCloud

I recently updated my Apple ID and have two phone using iCloud (mine and my daughter's). How do we manage our contacts so we both do not have (or delete) each other's contacts? Thank you!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 10:52 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 1:48 PM in response to bbrown2666

You have two choices. The first is to not sync contacts with iCloud on one of the phones. To do this, on the phone you want to stop syncing with go to Settings>iCloud, turn Contacts off and choose Keep on My iPhone when prompted.

The second (preferred) option is to migrate one of the phones to a separate iCloud account. To do this, start by saving any photo stream photos that you want to keep to your camera roll (unless already there) by opening your my photo stream album, tapping Select, tapping the photos, tap the share icon (box with upward facing arrow), then tapping Save to Camera Roll. If you are syncing notes with iCloud that you want to keep, you'll need to open each of your notes and email them to yourself so you can later copy and paste the text into new notes created in your new account. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account (which only deletes it from this device, not from iCloud), provide the password to turn off Find My iDevice and choose Keep on My iDevice when prompted. Then sign back in with a different Apple ID to create your new account and choose Merge to upload your data. You can then go to iCloud.com and delete each other's data from your accounts. Note: you can continue to share the same ID for iTunes and other services; the ID you use for these does not have to be the same as the ID you use for iCloud.

How do I manage one Apple ID and two iPhones with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.