Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 OS 7.1.2 doesn't turn off after notification

After I receive a text, email notification or missed phone call, the notification screen usually turns off after a few seconds. It's gotten to where about 40% of the time it just stays on until I manually hit the On/Off button. At first I thought it was because the phone was plugged up but it's also happening when it is unplugged.

Anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 12:56 PM

Try a reset first.

Close all open apps by double-tapping the home button, then swiping up and off the screen with the app window (not the smaller icon).

Reset your device: hold down the home button along with the sleep/wake button until the screen goes black and you see the Apple, then let go. (No data loss)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 12:56 PM in response to huffman

Try a reset first.

Close all open apps by double-tapping the home button, then swiping up and off the screen with the app window (not the smaller icon).

Reset your device: hold down the home button along with the sleep/wake button until the screen goes black and you see the Apple, then let go. (No data loss)

iPhone 4 OS 7.1.2 doesn't turn off after notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.