Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen pixealtion

Hi All,

Thought I'd ask here and see what people think.

Very recently, my MacBook Pro has started to do this (see screen grab). I've also noticed that my machine sometimes gets REALLY hot, even when "idle" - I have an iMac I work on so use the Pro as a jukebox with headphones.

My machine is not the most recent model (i have an A1211 - 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, standard 2GB DDR2 RAM, 320GB HDD), but has been absolutely perfect up until the last couple of days...

Has anybody seen this before, or knows what it could be?

Screen Grab:

User uploaded file

Sometimes when this happens, I can still use it, but the pixelation remains, and others the program I'm running freezes, can't quit, but I can still move the mouse pointer...?

Very weird!

Thanks

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:43 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 12:06 PM in response to tabbers10

If you connect your MBP to a monitor (or your iMac)

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14264

and the external display duplicates the image, then the GPU in the MBP is faulty. If the external display shows no issues, then the display or the connection to the display in the MBP is the problem.

A definitive answer can be obtained with a FREE evaluation at an Apple store genius bar.

Ciao.

Jul 11, 2014 12:26 PM in response to tabbers10

I'm having same issue since two days ago, first I thought it was I left my laptop on while I sleep until next day but this issue remains and I don't know why, I haven't done any different and haven't installed anything new or something related but I really don't kwow what is going on... It was working perfectly until two days ago... here's some screenshots to resume my issue, I'd really appreciate some help thanks!User uploaded file

Screen pixealtion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.