Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Partition issue / Error 0x80300024

Hello everyone,

After a 2 long days of figuring out what is wrong with my bootcamp I still couldn't find it out.

I replaced my optical drive for my MBP HDD, and the old place of de HDD I've put a SDD.

Meaning I need a USB to install windows 7 / 8.

I want my Windows 7 on my HDD since I've got plenty of space there ( SDD is only 120GB and OSX with programs is running on that ). So I've made a partition which gave me different types to use, I know from the information on google that MS-DOS(FAT) is the one I need. ( Keep in mind I tried all the other types as well, exFAT etc )

After I tried the normal bootcamp method, nothing good came out. At the point of choosing which harddisk and partition I should install the windows 7, it gave me the error 0x80300024, meaning it does format to NTFS ( after seeing it on the Disk utility ) but doesn't allow me to install it on the certain partition. So I couldn't click on "next" button to let the installation get started.

I also have tried it without the bootcamp assistent, meaning, I removed the SDD cable so only the HDD would be shown, which gave me no result either ( white screen after choosing the usb windows installer ).

I've also tried 4 different USB's and 2 different versions of windows 7 iso's without any result.

Does anyone know what I could do to create a bootcamp partition on my HDD?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:35 AM

There are no replies.

Bootcamp Partition issue / Error 0x80300024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.