Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use the same e-mail account on my PC and ipad. Lately I have been getting an e-mail that says no sender with no content and a date of 1969. It shuts down some of my e-mails and goes away later. this does not occur on my PC

I keep getting on my e-mail a no sender with a date of 1969, wipes out my e-mails temporarily but doesn't happen on my PC?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:42 AM

Try turning the account off and on : Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars , then tap the account on the right, slide Mail to 'off', exit settings and go back into the Mail app, and then go back to Settings and slide Mail back to 'on'

If that doesn't work then try closing the Mail app via the iPad’s multitasking bar (I'm assuming that your iPad is on iOS 7) : double-click the home button to open the taskbar and then swipe or drag the Mail app's 'screen' up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

And do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 11:42 AM in response to saull123

Try turning the account off and on : Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars , then tap the account on the right, slide Mail to 'off', exit settings and go back into the Mail app, and then go back to Settings and slide Mail back to 'on'

If that doesn't work then try closing the Mail app via the iPad’s multitasking bar (I'm assuming that your iPad is on iOS 7) : double-click the home button to open the taskbar and then swipe or drag the Mail app's 'screen' up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

And do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

I use the same e-mail account on my PC and ipad. Lately I have been getting an e-mail that says no sender with no content and a date of 1969. It shuts down some of my e-mails and goes away later. this does not occur on my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.