Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FCP X render files are taking up my hardrive space!

When I use HD footage for my Final Cut Pro projects it takes up 20 GB per project....

I have a 3 TB external Hardrive, is their a way I can use that to move my render files to it and still be able to edit my project?

Can i delete my render field without messing up my project? Cant I just serenader them later?

My high quality media folder takes up 50 gbs, can I move that to my external drive then delete off my computer? When I edit i will have my drive plugged in.

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 12:56 PM in response to akostainsek

You should definitely use the external drive - preferrably it should be connected via USB3 or Thunderbolt.

How you move things from here to there depends on what version of FCP X you are using.

In 10.1.x, assuming everything is inside the library, all you have to do is quit FCP X, drag the library to the external drive, let it copy over.

Then double click on the new library in the external drive and make sure everything works. After that you can delete the old one.

Regarding render files, you can delete them at any time, they can always be regenerated.

My FCP X render files are taking up my hardrive space!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.