Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and Albums Disappearing from iPhoto

This morning when I set up my new MacBook Air all of my photos and albums from my old MacBook automatically appeared in iPhoto. Now, a few hours later, all of my albums and the photos they contained are gone. Before leaving my old computer with IT at work, this was the one thing I made sure had transferred to the new MacBook Air, yet now all of the albums are either gone or not showing up in the pane on the left side of the iPhoto app. The machine is a 13" MacBook Air (early2014) running OS X 10.9.4 and iPhoto version 9.5.1. Can anyone help me?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:26 PM

I will request that your query be relocated to the iPhoto forum where knowledgeable iPhoto users will be able to assist you.

Ciao.

5 replies

Jul 12, 2014 9:35 PM in response to Share Your Cookies

That makes no sense - PhotoStream via iCloud only holds the last thirty day's photos - if as you say "all of my photos and albums from my old MacBook automatically appeared in iPhoto." on your new MBA then it was not from iCloud

to move photos from one computer to a new computer Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) or use an external hard drive formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

LN

Photos and Albums Disappearing from iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.