Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tax free weekend

I Live in missouri and tax free weekend is aug 1-3. I'm going to college and need a new computer and was planning on getting the macbook air. I planned on getting the back to school price which should reduce it to $949, plus a $100 gift card. Can i get that deal on tax free weekend reducing the price by about $80 more dollars? Also I will be out of town and wanted to know if I could buy it online tax free and get the back to school price as well!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:55 AM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2017 7:55 PM in response to Cunit3326

Yes, you should speak to sales support from apple and ask them to e-mail you the items and apply a student discount which is available anytime of year, further reducing your total. You will probably get a free pair of wireless headphones too. Do yourself a favor and get apple care plus warranty. You can then buy it online during tax free weekend. All of this can be confirmed with the Apple chat and you can save the conversation for reference.

Jul 11, 2014 12:10 PM in response to Cunit3326

Cunit3326 wrote:

. Can i get that deal on tax free weekend reducing the price by about $80 more dollars?

If that is what the local tax laws allow, then I would say yes.

Also I will be out of town and wanted to know if I could buy it online tax free and get the back to school price as well!

That becomes problematic and you would have to ask Apple directly about that. I suspect that you might not be able to do so.

Ciao.

Jul 11, 2014 2:13 PM in response to Cunit3326

If you have a local Apple store you should be able to get your computer and other items tax free but you won’t be able to from the online Apple store. You should be able to order items at the online store for delivery at the local Apple store but it would have to be picked up during the tax free time-frame. This is the information I received when enquiring about it last year. You might also try contacting your state’s tax office as to whether there’s a mechanism in place to get a tax refund for merchants that don’t cooperate.

Tax free weekend

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.