Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does apple care cover lost or stolen i pads?

Does apple care coverblost or stolen I pads? My I pad was stolen and it wasn't registered with my I cloud so I can't find it with find my I pad. It has a 4 digit lock code on the lock screen . I'm not sure what to do to protect my personal data that is on the device or how to initiate a recovery process to get back my I pad. Its under apple care but I don't have the box or receipt because I purchased it used on line.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 12:06 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 12:09 PM in response to applecore530

No, lost or stolen items will have to be covered by the owner's insurance if that is what you want.

If the iPad was not setup with Find My turned on in Settings > iCloud there is nothing more you can do but report the theft to the police, insurance if you have it, and change all passwords associated with accounts on the iPad. The passcode is not protection against someone who knows how to restore and erase.

does apple care cover lost or stolen i pads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.