Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP M1120 Scanner not working on Mavericks

I know plenty has been said about this HP/Mavericks problem with "old" printer/scanners, but I have a small clue.

I have a Late 2011 Macbook Pro with Mavericks on it, and I CAN use HP Scan on it using my "old" HP M1120 multifunction printer. It works perfectly well. I can't however use Preview, or any other software to scan, but I don't mind. I can just use HP SCAN.

However, I have bought a new Late 2013 Macbook Pro with Mavericks on it, and I can't seem to make it work with the same multifunction printer. I have read everything there is to read on the web, and everything points out to the impossibility to scan using that printer with Mavericks, BUT I CAN WITH MY OLD MACBOOK PRO ON MAVERICKS.

So, I guess my question is: is there a way to copy exactly the same printer configuration/permits/etc from one OS to the other?

On my old Macbook Pro, when I check on System Information, I have a HP Photosmart C5100 that appears as idle (I don't think I ever had that printer). I think, maybe, somehow HP Scan might think that's the scanner it's using... so perhaps someone can think of a way to trick Mavericks into thinking I have a Photosmart C5100, who knows...

Thanks a lot!

Pablo.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 12:43 PM

2 replies

HP M1120 Scanner not working on Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.