Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iTunes has stopped working" after 11.3 update

Hi all,

Haven't any trouble with iTunes until the recent update 11.3.0. Now almost immediately after I open it, I receive the error message (don't even have to click in the application or open the iTunes store). I run Windows 7.

I've run in safe mode and uninstalled Quicktime to no regard. Any other thoughts?

I haven't done a full uninstall/reinstall of iTunes, I'm not sure what's entailed in that... stupid question but would I lose apps and settings if I did that? Also was thinking I could do the built-in Windows system restore back to before I updated iTunes, but I've never done that either... would that work?

Thanks for any advice!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:01 PM

8 replies

Jul 11, 2014 2:57 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2, thanks for the reply. Here's the full message: "iTunes has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I'm running it on administrator which is why I didn't try the other user suggestion.

I've actually opened iTunes in safe mode again and no problems yet. How finicky. I'll see how long this lasts and then I'll try the uninstall/reinstall per your instructions. Thanks for the tip!

"iTunes has stopped working" after 11.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.