Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export ALL photos to a new external HD if I have Aperture "Managing" my library (hundreds of projects,1.6TB of photos)?

I Originally setup Aperture years ago to "Manage" my huge amount of photos to save space and be more convenient. I have bought a new external HD and want to export my entire original files from all the different projects and sub projects from the one "Organized Managed" file to individual original photo files on the new HD. I know how to export a project or even a few at a time but what about 1.5TB of photos in RAW/NEF format? Thanks for the help my fellow Apple lovers.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:57 PM

Sure. Just go to the "Photos" tab and do a command-A and then do the export or relocate originals command. Works fine.

2 replies

Jul 11, 2014 1:58 PM in response to bspinning

Aperture makes it easy to move any Image's Originals from inside the Library to outside the Library, and from any directly-connected location outside the Library to another directly-connected location, and to move any Image's Original from outside the Library to inside the Library, at any time, singly or in batch.

Select the Photos container near the top of the Library Inspector. In the Browser, select all Images. Use "File ▹ Relocate Original", and select a destination and a Finder folder scheme. Moving 1.5 TB of files will take some time. Let it run.

How can I export ALL photos to a new external HD if I have Aperture "Managing" my library (hundreds of projects,1.6TB of photos)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.