Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote

My Apple-TV-remote opens iTunes app on my iMac and plays first song. How do I prevent this? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 1:16 PM

Here's how.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, and then click General.

Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then type an administrator name and password.

Click Advanced.

Select “Disable remote control infrared receiver” to turn off IR reception, or deselect it to turn on IR reception.

To configure your computer to respond to the commands of a specific remote control, click Pair, and then follow the instructions displayed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 1:16 PM in response to Barbaree

Here's how.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, and then click General.

Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then type an administrator name and password.

Click Advanced.

Select “Disable remote control infrared receiver” to turn off IR reception, or deselect it to turn on IR reception.

To configure your computer to respond to the commands of a specific remote control, click Pair, and then follow the instructions displayed.

Apple TV Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.