Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t create an afternoon Outlook calendar item on iCloud

I am using iCloud to synchronize items with my Mac. Outlook is configured with three calendars, its native calendar tied to my Outlook email address, a second calendar that I do not use tied to a generic email address that I do use, and the iCloud calendar. I am on temporary assignment in Mexico and the standard language setup is the following: OS menus are in English. Outlook menus are in English. Email text editing language is Spanish. Calendar items are in Spanish. The date format is Spanish using a.m. and p.m.

If I try to create an item in my iCloud calendar from Outlook, it will not allow me to specify a time in the afternoon. Any attempt to do so still results in getting an appointment for the same time in the morning (or, rather, very early morning). For example, I create an appointment for 2 p.m. It ends up being for 2 a.m. If I change it to 3 p.m., it ends up being changed to 3 a.m.

The workaround is to set up the item in the Outlook calendar for either of the email addresses, then dragging it into the iCloud calendar. Alternatively, the incorrect item in the iCloud calendar can be dragged into the Outlook calendar, adjusted to p.m., and then dragged back into iCloud.

Naturally, this does not happen on the Mac.

Is anyone aware of a fix for this?

The Mac is a MacBook Pro running Mavericks, but this problem really happens independently from the Mac. The version of Windows is Windows 7 Enterprise, 6.1.7601 (SP1). I am using Outlook 2013. iCloud control panel is 3.1.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:28 PM

There are no replies.

Can´t create an afternoon Outlook calendar item on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.