Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange issue with Apple ID in iTunes and Safari

I have a client who recently has had a very odd issue with his Apple ID. He is unable to purchase any music from the iTunes store on his MacBook Pro running 10.9.4 and iTunes 11.3. When he tries to purchase a song from the iTunes store, he enters in his correct apple id and password but itunes just returns right back to the login window with blank fields. There is no error message about using an incorrect password or apple id. When we try to log in to the Manage Apple ID page using Safari, we get the exact same thing. No error, just goes right back to the login screen like nothing happened. We can, however, log in to the site using another browser like Firefox or Chrome without issue.

I have done some extensive troubleshooting and isolated it to the user library since itunes and safari work fine in a test account we created. I've tried pulling all seemingly related pref files, application support files, caches, keychain items, the safari folder, etc. Basically if it was in the user library and had safari, apple id or itunes in the file name, I pulled it. This didn't fix the issue. I was able to temporarily fix the issue by pulling pretty much everything from the user library folder's application support and preferences folders. Everything worked for a little while but then the issue returned.

Does anyone have an idea what file could be going corrupt so quickly that is causing both safari and iTunes to no longer log in with his Apple ID?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:24 PM

1 reply

Strange issue with Apple ID in iTunes and Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.