Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer a .pdf from my MacBook Pro to my Iphone WITHOUT Itunes

I am 100% Mac in my home. However I have been running into this, and similar issues, when I want to transfer video, music, pictures, and documents from my MBP to my 5S - I HATE itunes. Every forum says "just use Itunes"; however, I have never figured out why Itunes has to be so complicated. As such I do not have Itunes, nor do I wish to use Itunes. There has to be another way. I am looking for suggestions that will let me transfer digital data of many formats to my other Apple devices such as my Ipad2 and my Ipod touch - but for now, I just need the ability to transfer files of varying format to my 5S from my MBP. Please help if you know how to do this.

Please do not suggest that I just use Itunes - have been a Mac guy for about 4 years now and have never figured out how to use it.

I have signed up (turned on) Icloud, but have never used any cloud based system so I have no clue how to use it. Furthermore, every forum I have visited says that Icloud does not even work that way - I just do not understand the cloud. Everything I have ever done involves drag and drop from a PC to a USB or other storage device (I used to be a PC guy until I started realizing that I had to buy a new PC every year due to massive component failure). I have never been successful transferring anything from one Apple product to another so I have many redundant copies of everything I have that is digital - one for each and every device I own.

I might sound like an idiot, but I really am tech savvy, which is why this issue is irritating.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 2:37 PM

Dropbox.

6 replies

How do I transfer a .pdf from my MacBook Pro to my Iphone WITHOUT Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.