Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG Blu-ray burner doesn't work with Compressor 4.1

I have just purchased Compressor 4.1 to burn BR discs using my new LG BE14NU40 external burner. Compressor encoded the video and audio for Blu-ray just fine but then stopped cold and doesn't seem to be communicating with the burner. They both just sit there doing nothing. Compressor in active mode with the progress bar about 90% complete and not moving. The loaded LG burner asleep.

I've used this same burner with Apple's iDVD with great results but for some reason Compressor doesn't seem to see it. Since I downloaded Compressor last night, I don't think it's an issue of not having an update. Plus, this burner has been around a long time so there's nothing new here for Compressor to figure out.

If for some reason this burner just won't work with Compressor, can anyone recommend a blu-ray burner that they've had success using with Compressor?

Ron

iMac latge 2013 i7 16GB RAM

LG BE14NU40 external burner USB3

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:10 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2014 11:07 PM in response to Russ H

It works just fine burning dvd's using iDVD on Mavericks. I an trying a borrowed Asus BRD burner tonight to see if is compatible. Over the weekend I tried several setting combinations but in all cases video and Dolby audio files were encoded and placed on the desktop but then Compressor stalls and won't actually burn a disc. (DVD or BRD). Tonight I borrowed an Asus BR burner and it hung up after encoding the files also but gave me this prompt: "error burning your disk. Either the video or the audio file were not in a valid format.

I also discovered a forum for Final Cut Pro with many Compressor users having the exact same issue with Compressor.

Ron Bourke

Senior Director / Producer

CMD Agency

503-223-6794

503-888-5386 mobile

LG Blu-ray burner doesn't work with Compressor 4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.