Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto help

I have a mac air given to me by my school and at the end of the year my school collects all the computers for a month of summer to re-image them so we had to back up all of our files we wanted to keep otherwise it would be wiped and gone. So I used a one drive for my files, but there wasn't enough storage for my iphoto library so I looked up other backup devices and decided to use google drive. After I uploaded it I double checked to make sure it would work and it did, but when I got my computer back when I try to open my iphoto it says the file is an unrecognizable format and cannot be read!! My iphoto has ALL my photos on it because that is where I would keep all my phone photos and photos from my camera!!! I don't have second copies of them and NEED my iphoto to work!!! HELP!!!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:16 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 3:50 PM in response to mariab77

Google drive is not an appropriate place to store an iPhoto library - it must be on a local hard drive formatted Mac OS extended (journaled)

If you do not have a local backup (you really must if your photos and files have any value at all to you - without it you will lose everything sooner or later) it is likely that your only choice will be to recover your masters folder and start over with a new library losing all edits and modifications you have made

You can give iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - ad try and see if it will rebuild the library - that might work saving most things

LN

Iphoto help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.