Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why i can not charge my iphone 5s from my computer ( sony vaio )?

why i can not download photo from my iphone 5s to my computer( sony vaio ), ?

why i can not charge my iphone 5s from my computer( sony vaio )?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:30 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 5:08 PM in response to yada1960

Because it is not a Mac.

You need a charging USB port.. but it can be tricky with ports not designed for iphones..

Don't ask me why as I don't know.. but I have a charge brick for my iphone.. it has one port specifically for iphones.. the other port will not work. It is for charging everything else that works from USB.

You should also be able to download photos from the phone.. but you need the right PC software to do it. You might find it easier just using a network connection phone to local LAN and pick it up that way. Since you posted this in the airport area do you have an Apple Airport for your network connection.. otherwise you will do better posting in the iphone area.

This is where, if you have one Apple product it works seamlessly with others.. to cajole you into buying yet more and more apple products. rather than trying to make Frankenstein's monster out of left over body parts.

why i can not charge my iphone 5s from my computer ( sony vaio )?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.