Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has a lot of problems

Hello! My iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1.1) is having several problems at this moment. One of the main problems is the new iOS update. I started to update my iPhone around 1:30pm on Friday, July 11th. Now, as I'm submitting the question, it is 5:57pm, and my iPhone still hasn't updated. Even worse, the white line that goes across the bar to tell you the progress of your update hasn't moved. It has moved around a half a centimeter in the past four hours and has not moved. Now, is this normal? I've heard many stories that people have had waited several days for the update to actually update. I've read some of the suggestions and they say to turn off your iPhone, but I can't- my lock button doesn't work, so I can't shut it down.

Another one of my main problems is connecting my iPhone to my laptop. My laptop is fairly new (an Asus with Windows 8). Whenever I plug in my iPhone to my laptop, my laptop will give you a notification stating that 'your iPhone is plugged in, what do you want to do?'. My iTunes won't open when I plug in my phone, and won't say it's connected. It's the only laptop I use for this phone. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the iTunes app on my laptop, but that doesn't do anything, and I've also tried restarting my laptop and my phone but that doesn't work either.

Please help, and thank you very much if you do. 🙂

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:06 PM

There are no replies.

My iPhone has a lot of problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.