Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No bootable disk - option key does not work!

Hello,

My Mac Pro has been rendered useless by something I and/or BootCamp Assistant have managed to do under 10.9.4.

I tried to install Windows 7 using an ISO image. On reboot it did not work. An old XP disk did work but it does not like the Windows FAT32 partition and the setup will not allow me to do anything with the current partitions to install it. I am now left with no bootable disk message.

I have used the option key to try and see my bootable disks (there is an OSX partition on a HD and an SSD on a Sonnet PCIE card) but none is showing up. Strangely the bootable (and I've seen it work) XP disk is not showing up.

I have now unplugged all HDs and tried to boot from one at a time but to no avail. I've tried an old Apple repair CD but that will not boot either.

Totally perplexed now and have no idea how to fix this. Any suggestions welcomed!

Thank you in anticipation.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:31 PM

There are no replies.

No bootable disk - option key does not work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.