Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iTunes Match analyze/send/receive/bla-bla-bla every time I open iTunes?

Before I purchased iTunes Match I used the Radio feature quite successfully, but with commercial interruption. Now that I've paid a $24.99 annual fee, I suffer though 7 hours of analyzing, sending, receiving... EVERY TIME I use iTunes! Then, it stalls out near the finish line. Why, oh why does it analyze now that I've paid a fee, when it didn't before??

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 3:51 PM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2014 8:05 AM in response to VikingRC

Hi,

The iTunes match shouldn't take as long you are having. Podcasts are not eligible for match. The first thing to try is to hold option key (mac) or shift key (PC) whilst turning off match. This will clear match cache. Close iTunes and reopen, turn on match and select add this computer. Let the process complete.

If the process stalls at final stage, stop process and go to song view and add iCloud Status column. This will tell you what has been matched, uploaded, purchased, duplicate, ineligible or waiting. You may need to delete those tracks that are waiting but before doing this try selecting "update iTunes Match". This will restart the match process and see if this works. If it doesn't, delete those tracks that are waiting (do not move to trash) then select "update iTunes Match" again. Let me know how you get on.

Jim

Jul 12, 2014 10:51 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jim: I went through your recommended process above, which took about 40-minutes, and it seems to be successful. Thank you very much. I restarted iTunes and it did not go into the Match steps for Gathering, Matching, Uploading, which it always did prior to your steps. Cool. I still have questions about the value of Match to me, but, I will get with Apple for these. I appreciate your assistance.

DB

Will iTunes Match analyze/send/receive/bla-bla-bla every time I open iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.