Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Printer no longer listed as option on iPhone after update

After updating to iOS 7.1.3, our HP Envy 5531 is no longer listed as an available printer. I know it is as a result of the update, because (after experiencing it with our first two phones), I tested with my daughter's phone before and AFTER the upgrade. The printer is could be found before the upgrade, but was no longer listed on her phone immediately after the upgrade.

The printer can be found as a "wireless networks", but not as a printing option when "print" is selected by any of our updated iOS devices. The printer is still accessible by our computers (OSX). Has anyone heard of this issue or a way to resolve it? Very frustrating!! Thanks!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 5:58 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 8:55 AM in response to Tod Wood

Hi there Tod Wood,

You may find the troubleshooting steps in the article below helpful.

About AirPrint

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

If you are unable to print

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found":

1. Make sure your printer has paper, and enough ink or toner installed.
  2. Make sure your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iOS device.
  3. Make sure your printer has power and is turned on. Try turning your printer off and then back on again to see if it resolves your issue.
  4. Check to see if your printer has any error lights or indicators displayed on the printer's control panel. Check the documentation that came with your printer to clear any errors displayed.
  5. Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer.

Notes:

• AirPrint printers connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule are not supported with AirPrint.
  • Some Wi-Fi AirPrint printers can take several minutes to join a Wi-Fi network after being turned on. Make sure that your AirPrint printer is connected to your Wi-Fi network before attempting to print.

-Griff W.

Wireless Printer no longer listed as option on iPhone after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.