Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 7.1 Seed 1 - Unable to Launch

I'm not a developer, it was updated by the Mac App Store. I do not have a Time Machine Backup to Restore from. I'm unable to Launch Safari at all (Using Chrome to get to this page). Spinning wheel turns forever.

What next?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:59 PM

12 replies

Jul 12, 2014 4:10 AM in response to edwinder

Hi all,

Instead of doing an OS X Recovery, here's what you can do to get Safari Running again.

Go to ~\Users\(youraccount)\Library\Internet Plug-Ins

Move everything in there to a safe location (i.e to your Desktop)

The new 7.1 Seed 1 does not support Plug-Ins. Removing them allows Safari to Launch properly.

You will be able to tell which plug-ins now will not work (the filenames usually gives an indication)

I'm hoping that Apple now releases a proper Safari for non developers.

Jul 12, 2014 6:19 AM in response to GilliK

Hi, the Library folder under your home folder is a hidden folder.

1. Launch Finder.

2. Navigate to \Users\(YourAccount)

3. Go to the Finder Top Bar, Select "VIEW" Select "SHOW VIEW OPTIONS"

4. A Toolbar will appear. Look at the very last item below. Tick on "Show Library Folder"

5. Follow my post above to remove (move it somewhere else) everything inside the "Internet Plug Ins" folder

User uploaded file

Jul 12, 2014 7:22 PM in response to edwinder

This didn't work on my Macbook. What did work was opening Finder, hold down Option button while choosing Go - Library. There I found the extensions file and moved it out of Safari. Safari now works perfectly. Life is good again - because Mozilla is far slower on the Mac. And I tried reloading the operating system, it was taking 6.5 hours to download and crashing before it got there. I need to get a Time Machine compatible storage unit, we use a Seagate one which isn't compatible

Safari 7.1 Seed 1 - Unable to Launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.