Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

double clicking a contact fails to place address in Mail "Send To" register

I just bought a new Mac Mini Q4 with Maverick OS 10.9.4. Everything seems to work except for one glaring problem. Double clicking a contact name does NOT cause the address to be placed in the "TO" field. After checking on several forum entries and seeing no plausible solution I moved everything to Thunderbird where all is well. I will wait it out there until Apple rectifies this problem.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:29 PM

8 replies

Jul 12, 2014 1:30 PM in response to Eric Root

If one types the first one or two character of the contact's name then a whole set of options pops up one of which may be what was desired.

This is an awkward workaround and I suspect Apple software engineers had to work all night to dream this up. It only takes several times longer to develop a "Send To" list this way. You still have to click on the Address Book to see the list of contacts to determine which ones you wish to include. The approach of typing the first few characters only works if you know exactly whom to include and how they are listed in the Address Book and then only if there is just one or maybe two of them.

I'll just hang with Thunderbird until Apple adds the double click feature back in.

double clicking a contact fails to place address in Mail "Send To" register

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.