Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virus

Hello, I have an iPhone 5S and me is a strange thing happened. When you open an app called News Republic went into the Technology section I went to read an article and after a while I jumped out is a system alert telling me that the last visited page could contain a virus, then he asked me if I wanted to repair and I clicked OK, can anyone tell me roughly what it is? Excuse me but at the time I had the thought to make a screenshot, anyway thanks for your help ..

Hello,Alessandro

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 4:53 PM

6 replies

Jul 11, 2014 5:35 PM in response to Alle74

after a while I jumped out is a system alert telling me that the last visited page could contain a virus, then he asked me if I wanted to repair and I clicked OK, can anyone tell me roughly what it is?

This is a scam. No web page you run can accurately predict that you have a virus. ( With the possible exception of a Windows machine. )

You should ignore all such messages. quit the page immediately. This site was out to do bad things to your machine. Fortunately, you were running ios and your machine was protected.

Robert

virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.