Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my ipad and the screen is fuzzy, and colors are messed up.

So i dropped my ipad from about 6 inches up, and it fell and theminute i picked it up and turned it on, the colors were distorted and the screen was fuzzy. This has happened before, but I just let it sit for a night, and when i woke up it was fine. everybody says give it a hard slap on the back, and i tried but nothing happened. Can anyone tell me what else i could try, or specifically where to hit it?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:48 PM

The iPad is a sensitive device and you can't keep dropping it - even from only 6 inches - and expect to continue to work properly. Try a reset and see if that fixes it. However, at this point, you may have done damage to the hardware that cannot be fixed.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 6:48 PM in response to Jackccc

The iPad is a sensitive device and you can't keep dropping it - even from only 6 inches - and expect to continue to work properly. Try a reset and see if that fixes it. However, at this point, you may have done damage to the hardware that cannot be fixed.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

I dropped my ipad and the screen is fuzzy, and colors are messed up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.