Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wish we could have a 'whole' event browser window if we already do not have it!

Hello to all!

While adding clips from the event browser to the timeline, I had need to search for a clip among the 521 clips I had in that event. I had key worded the clips but this clip was not accessible by key word search because I had not added a second key word pertinent to the need I had of. To make the search easy, I increased the event browser area by reducing the viewer and timeline spaces. After finding the specific clip I selected and added the clip range to the timeline. After doing this, I clicked upon 'Revert to original layout' from the drop down menu under 'Window' of the top tool bar. After some time the layout was restored and I continued working. After I while I had a similar need for another clip which I had not 'properly key-worded'. I repeated the earlier method of search [increasing the window space of the event browser]. Search over, when I clicked on the 'Revert to Original Layout' option, FCPX quit!

Being familiar with e-Sword and Bible Analyser, I was wondering whether FCPX would benefit from the features these softwares have. By a single click of a button, you can can choose 'all windows', 'Bible', 'Commentaries' or 'Dictionary' windows to get maximised in e-Sword. Bible analyser gives the user more options...they can set their own layouts.

I feel this post is more of a discussion than a question. But, if unknown to me, there are already such features in FCPX, I would like to be informed of the same.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 6:17 AM

The best solution is to get a second monitor and put the browser on it.

2 replies

Wish we could have a 'whole' event browser window if we already do not have it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.