Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entry Point Not Found

After updating itunes when i try to launch the application it comes up with an error message reading, "the procedure entry point AVCFURLAssetInheritURIQueryComponentFromReferencingURIKey could not be located in the dynamic link library AVFoundationCF.dll ." I click ok and another error message appears reading "iTunes was not installed correctly. please reinstall itunes. Error 7 (windows Error 127)" So i tried reinstalling itunes and the same thing appeared. so i uninstalled all apple products on my computer then restarted my computer. downloaded itunes started it and the it came up with same message! Can any body help please! Thanks -Rex

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:32 PM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 3:32 PM in response to Rexiez

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Jul 15, 2014 3:02 PM in response to turingtest2

After fiddling with this problem for most of the day I finally waved the white flag and re-installed the previous version of iTunes. Interestingly, although the updated version of iTunes did not properly install and open, it DID convert my iTunes Library to a newer version that, of course, could not be opened by the older version of iTunes. Pulling the most recent previous iTunes Library from the "previous libraries' directory remedied that problem.

Jul 18, 2014 12:46 PM in response to GSRussell

Thanks for sharing that info--I'll try doing the same. Does Apple stand by it's software releases or not? Considering the problem is triggered by the software upgrade, there doesn't seem to be any guidance from Apple employees, and the fix seems to be to revert to an earlier version--it seems Apple does not stand behind its software. (I'm still bitter for how badly they've messed up podcasts with version 11....which issues also seem to go unaddressed by Apple...as if they believe users are having a grand time.)..

Entry Point Not Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.