Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is gaming on my MacBook wearing at the system?

I am running a MacBook Pro Retina 13'

It has 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 and 1TB Hard Drive.

Lately I've been gaming on it on battery and some with the charger plugged in active, the laptops performance and battery has gone down a lot. I was wondering if any Mac/MacBook gamers could give me some tips on how to game without destroying the machine.

Thanks, Joe.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 5:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2014 5:50 PM in response to JoeLon

If you are going to load the system heavily with demanding games, make sure you shutdown other functions you don't need, don't have software running in the background you are not using. Turn off things like Bluetooth if not being used.

You can check on the health of the battery by going to the apple, left side of the menu bar, About This Mac, More Info, System Report, Hardware, Power and see what it says about the battery Condition, Capacity, Cycle Count. The Condition should be Normal or there is a problem.

Don't discharge the battery deeply, only to about 50% and then recharge, to get better battery cycle life. A 50% discharge/charge pattern ives three to four times the cycle count life of deep discharging to shutdown.

Is gaming on my MacBook wearing at the system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.