Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2011, Mavericks, second monitor, wake-from-sleep and rearranging windows

Hi,

I've got a Macbook Pro 2011 model, running Mavericks. I have a second monitor, a Samsung LED 350H hooked up via hdmi-mini DP.

First issue; When I close the lid of the laptop, the thing would go to sleep instantly when I had Snow Leopard. Now it just moves things over to the second monitor with no apparent way to get the original behaviour back. Is there a way to make this thing sleep properly when I close the lid?

Second issue; When waking from sleep any apps or windows I had displayed on the Samsung monitor will move to the Macbook display. How do I make it so that this ****** operating system knows to retain window size and position when it wakes up?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:21 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro 2011, Mavericks, second monitor, wake-from-sleep and rearranging windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.