Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do my incoming facetime requests go to a different phone nmumber on my account?

I have two phone numbers on my iPhone account..When request are made from people looking to facetime me it goes to the other phone on the account even though they are making the request to my phone number. Why would this be?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:55 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 7:08 AM in response to cmann64

Hello cmann64,

The steps below details how to unlink a phone number from your Apple ID.

To remove a phone number from an Apple ID, sign out of FaceTime and Messages on your iPhone:

• Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with FaceTime and Messages. If the phone number is still available on other devices after you sign out of FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone, you may need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all your devices, then sign in to FaceTime and Messages again on devices you want to use.

Note: If you no longer have access to the iPhone that is using the number you want to remove, reset your Apple ID password.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5538

Cheers,

Allen

why do my incoming facetime requests go to a different phone nmumber on my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.