Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm using Mail 7.3 but can't find a "Block Sender" option, as exists in Outlook, as a way to block spam and unsolicited advertising. thanks.

I'm using Mail 7.3 but can't find a "Block Senders" option - as exists in Outlook - as a way to prevent repeated spam and advertising landing in my Inbox. Anyone have a solution for this? I've had a look at the Message Rules option but that doesn't seem to offer a fix. Thanks

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:55 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 12:12 AM in response to PCnostalgic

You should be able to manage the problem with Rules, if you are happy to just delete the emails without you ever seeing them.

In Mail>Preferences>Rules, create a new rule with these options:

Description: Give a name to the Rule, such as Delete or Block Sender

On the line started 'If' choose 'Any' from the drop down menu and on the next line select 'From' and 'Contains', and then input the email address of the unwanted sender

Under 'Perform the following actions' choose 'Delete'.

As other senders you want to block send you unwanted emails you can add them to the rule by clicking the '+' sign against the line you added the email, if you have an email from that sender on screen when you edit the rule - they should appear there automatically.

I'm using Mail 7.3 but can't find a "Block Sender" option, as exists in Outlook, as a way to block spam and unsolicited advertising. thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.