Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to use boot camp. I am running OSX 10.9.4, I have updated boot camp to 5.1 and tryed to run windowa program and nothing happens. What am i doing rong?

I am trying to use boot camp. I am running OSX 10.9.4, I have updated boot camp to 5.1 and tryed to run windows program and nothing happens.

What am i doing rong?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 6:51 PM

12 replies

Jul 12, 2014 7:18 PM in response to Jason0405

You can install 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1.

On MAC OSX

1. Run Bootcamp assistant, choose options, build a USB with the Windows files from an ISO disk image or a Retail Windows CD.

2. Choose the size of the Bootcamp Partition.

3. Machine reboots.

4. Windows Installer starts.

5. Windows Setup asks for information.

Are you failing in step 1, or in step 4, or in step 5?

Jul 14, 2014 4:51 AM in response to Jason0405

Thanks CSound1.

Bootcamp Assistant will read a DVD or an ISO file containing Windows retail versions and create a USB. What installation media for Windows do you have?

If you have a DVD drive and connect to your MAC (or if you have a built-in optical drive), put in your DVD for Windows, Run Disk Utility as indicated and click on the DVD to verify that there are no issues with the media.

Are you following the Bootcamp installation guide available from the apple website?

I am trying to use boot camp. I am running OSX 10.9.4, I have updated boot camp to 5.1 and tryed to run windowa program and nothing happens. What am i doing rong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.