Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Apple login causing problems with Apple sites

Have Snow Leopard.

There is an issue with this site losing the login status if you go to an apple support article from this site - when you come back this area says you are logged in but you can't post because you are logged out - and you can't get back to the log in screen.

Same problem if you open itunes while on this site, close it & you can't post because once again logged out vs logged in.

Only way I found around it is to quit safari, shut down, come back later after apple site as calmed down.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 10:57 PM

Delete cookies and empty the Safari cache then see if that makes a difference.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website data

Now back to your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Quit and relaunch Safari.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 10:57 PM in response to notcloudy

Delete cookies and empty the Safari cache then see if that makes a difference.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website data

Now back to your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Quit and relaunch Safari.

Jul 12, 2014 5:37 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Drop down menu of Development menu in snow leopard does not have an Empty Caches option - but I did change the cache size from 5mb to none.

Also, I regularly purge caches and cookies sometimes every day - but did have a 3 day build up.

Tested today and it seemed to keep me signed on when I went from the support community to apple support and back.

At the same time - which muddies the water - I changed the email to not leave mac mail on the server once it is download.

Issues with Apple login causing problems with Apple sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.