Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I update my iphoto library are my photos in danger?

I updated my macbook with a maverick and iPhoto was no longer working so I updated to the latest iPhoto as well. Now when I try to open iPhoto it gives me this message: "Your photo library will not be readable by previous versions of iPhoto after the upgrade" and then just something about how large libraries may take up to an hour to upgrade. It sounds alright but I just wanted to make sure, will my photos and videos be safe if I proceed with the upgrade?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:54 PM

Not unless something goes wrong - which is why you always backup prior to updating/upgrading - simply backup your iPhoto library and upgrade - unless you have other computers with old versions (previous versions) of iPhoto then you have no problem - as long as you are only accessing your library from one system then you do not have a previous version and there is no problem

LN

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 8:54 PM in response to shadistrawberry

Not unless something goes wrong - which is why you always backup prior to updating/upgrading - simply backup your iPhoto library and upgrade - unless you have other computers with old versions (previous versions) of iPhoto then you have no problem - as long as you are only accessing your library from one system then you do not have a previous version and there is no problem

LN

If I update my iphoto library are my photos in danger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.