Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service Battery appeared again along with fast battery drain on Mavericks 10.9.4 with iTunes 11.3

I upgraded to Mavericks on my MacBook Pro about a month ago and bluetooth connection problems with my Bose Mini Soundlink and UE Boom were resolved but everything else went haywire from the dreaded Service Battery message, email, to wifi issues. After a few days of hair pulling and looking for solutions, the problems just went away, and everything went fine again. Two days ago iTunes came out with an update and I installed it. I first noticed the battery lost capacity from 87% down to 74% with just 299 cycles on it. Now the Service Battery warning is back and the battery doesn't seem to last that long anymore. I've removed Google Chrome, done SMC reset, battery reset, and the whole kit and caboodle of tricks from forums but none worked. I tried removing iTunes but I can't. I have a lurking idea this is a software issue. Any tricks out there to get this back into shape?

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:40 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 8:19 AM in response to Sproox

Hi there Sproox,

You may find the information in the article below helpful.

OS X Mavericks: Battery conditions

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14197

Service Battery: The battery isn’t functioning normally, and you may or may not notice a change in its behavior or the amount of charge it holds. Take your computer in for service. You can continue to use your battery before it’s checked without harming your computer.

-Griff W.

Service Battery appeared again along with fast battery drain on Mavericks 10.9.4 with iTunes 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.