Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod shuffle causing itunes to not respond

I have a 2nd (I think... little square) gen Shuffle. When I connect it to my computer (Win7 64 bit, well past min spec), iTunes stops responding. Sort of.

It takes about 30 minutes for iTunes to recognize the shuffle, but I cannot at any time interact with the program. Currently on 42 minutes of waiting after that to try to hit restore.

Also, Windows explorer takes about 15 minutes to detect the amount of space used (the icon in My Computer that shows disk space) and about 15 more minutes to open to the root of the shuffle.

Any help would be appreciated... currently just doing a wait and see thing. Its not like my computer is being slowed down.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 8:06 PM

Was able to close iTunes, and eject the drive properly. Second attempt to connect it, and Windows came up with the "do you wish to scan for file system errors" box. Not sure on that... might make things worse?

3 replies

ipod shuffle causing itunes to not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.