Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari freezes only loading Google.com on new wireless ISP

We installed a new wireless ISP line-of-sight antenna two days ago in SF's potrero hill. We are now getting 25-40 mbps up and down, after years at 2.

Since then SAFARI (5.1.10) freezes ONLY when trying to load Google.com or gmail or youtube. We are running an Apple Extreme to my iMac (OS 10.6.8). Firefox and Chrome open google blazingly fast, and Safari loads non-google websites blazingly fast (at least all the ones i've tried). I've reset Safari twice, emptied cache.

This is the only problem. I don't mind using firefox/chrome for google accounts, but this is annoying as ****. Every 20-something i've asked has no clue (i'm 70)

Any idea what the **** is going on. Have you run into this before ??

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 10:52 PM

Since then SAFARI (5.1.10) freezes ONLY when trying to load Google.com or gmail or youtube

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit and relaunch Safari, see if Safari freezes when trying to load Google or YouTube.

If it does, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, reset he AirPort Extreme base station > Resetting an AirPort base station

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 10:52 PM in response to edwardksf

Since then SAFARI (5.1.10) freezes ONLY when trying to load Google.com or gmail or youtube

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit and relaunch Safari, see if Safari freezes when trying to load Google or YouTube.

If it does, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, reset he AirPort Extreme base station > Resetting an AirPort base station

Jul 12, 2014 11:10 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn

WOW, ...

1. "remove website data" Had already done, again didn't work..

2. "turn off extensions" Had already done, again didn't work.

3. "hard reset" ****, WORKED LIKE A CHARM... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....

the wording in the "airport extreme utility" was a bit different from the apple link document but it worked.

I was dubious, because it was only one site on one browser, but at this age, nothing about computers surprises me anymore. Having some problem resetting the wireless printer, but that's another story...

edward

Safari freezes only loading Google.com on new wireless ISP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.