Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just plugged my iPhone5 to Windows7 to move some photos and everything in my camera roll is gone

I just plugged my phone to Windows7 to move some photos because my iPhone5 (ver 7.1.1) storage is low.

I move some photos using cut & paste from windows explorer. I tried to move 899 photos to my computer and it took some time, so I leave my computer to do something else.

When I get back, my computer was in "sleep" mode. Because I was in a hurry & I thought the transfer might have done, so I unplugged my phone without turning on my computer.

Few minutes later I checked my "Photos" and I found that everything's gone: about 3,000 photos & videos in camera roll. They just disappear!

Then I turned on my computer and try to plug my phone back, still there is no photos and videos. I already tried to power off my phone, check with any recovery software & googling in any forum, still there is no way can bring my photos & videos back.

I'm really sad if they are really disappear, because I have no backup at all, neither iCloud nor iTunes nor Photo Stream 😟

Do you guys have any idea why this is happening? Anyone can help me? I really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance! 🙂

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:25 PM

5 replies

Jul 12, 2014 9:58 AM in response to bllnt

I move some photos using cut & paste from windows explorer.

Note that you said you used "cut & paste" -- that tells Windows that you want the photos deleted from the place they originated.

I'm not a Windows expert but I would think (or hope) that it would not perform the cut until the paste was completed successfully. You state that they are missing from the phone but don't mention whether they are on the computer.

The following has instructions that may help next time:

iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-pictures-camera-computer#1TC=wind ows-7

Jul 12, 2014 11:47 PM in response to FoxFifth

Yes I did cut & paste the photos -- but just some of my photos & they already in my computer. I still left about 3,000 photos in my iPhone (I didn't cut & paste them too, so i don't have them in my computer), but why all the photos missing when I unplugged my device 😟

I still don't get what's the problem here.. But thanks for trying to help me, really appreciate it 😀

I just plugged my iPhone5 to Windows7 to move some photos and everything in my camera roll is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.