Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash Obsolete

When I try to watch a video on youtube i can't. The screen where the videos used to be played gets black and says that Flash is Obsolete and I have to upgrade. I already did it and keeps the same. Actually I can't play anything on flash. I think it's a problem solely of Safari because I can do all that stuff in Firefox. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance 😉

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 10:45 PM

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.

Click Delete All under Browsing Data and Settings

Not empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Now try a video. If that doesn't help, troubleshoot Safari extensions and third party plugins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2014 10:45 PM in response to Ninfiis

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.

Click Delete All under Browsing Data and Settings

Not empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Now try a video. If that doesn't help, troubleshoot Safari extensions and third party plugins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Flash Obsolete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.