Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro crashed after installing new ram

I recently purchase 2 x 2G 2GB PC2-5300 667MHZ DDR2 Sdram for my mid 2008 Macbook Pro.After I installed it and restarted my computer, upon restarting I encountered an error. The computer restarted and it worked fine until I opened Chrome, at which point it failed to connect to various websites. I checked the About this Mac, and the memory had changed to 4 GB. Soon after I started to crash. I restarted and the same thing happened again. Then the computer wouldn't start at all, it would only go to a blue screen with the apple sign in the middle with a loading bar below. After this happened a couple more times, I unplugged my computer and switched back to the old memory. However I was still unable to start my computer.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:33 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 8:38 PM in response to CatGuy69

Hi,

Check out with the frequency of the ram should be the same as specified by apple for your model of the mac book pro if not you will get an beep sound

try out with installing only with the one 2gb of ram if not hold the option key after restarting your machine you can see your hard drive then select and it must boot if not try booting with the external hard drive

Macbook Pro crashed after installing new ram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.