Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MavBookPro 2011 Graphic card issue

We have bought MacBook Pro 15-inch, late 2011 model laptop on 17 March 2012 in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. It was working fine until last month when the machine started overheating and the display crashed often (display turned to blue, split screen, grey dotted lines, etc. (see attached files). After force shutdown the system works for 5-10 mins before the same issue recurs. The Apple Care Centre (INDSYS) in Coimbatore checked and reported that the problem is due to the failure of the display adapter and that the entire mother board has to be changed.

While we browsed the web for this issue, we learnt that many MBP 2011 models have the same issue and that Apple is replacing the mother board free of cost. Kindly guide us and solve the issue as soon as possible since the MBP has invaluable data and I am really struggling to do my day work/projects due to this major system issue.

I edit a monthly scientific journal in a non-profit organization (www.threatenedtaxa.org) and this has impacted my work for the last two months. Further, the replacement costs around 1/3 of the system cost, which when considering that we bought a high-end expensive machine for $2200, we are finding it difficult to repair it at such high costs. We would appreciate your help and assistance in this regard such that the problem is fixed and my organization or I are not burdened by this heavy expense.

The system preferences are given below and a image is also enclosed for your perusal.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Serial Number C0********V7M

Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021) (Mavericks)

Looking forward to hearing from you positively.

<Edited by Host>

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 9:48 PM

1 reply

MavBookPro 2011 Graphic card issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.