Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and messages not syncing properly

my FaceTime and messages are not syncing properly.

with FaceTime, I discovered I had been signed out somehow, but when I signed back in, all looked normal. I have all of my e-mails and numbers set up identical to the iPhone. However, when I receive a FaceTime call, it only rings on the iPhone, but not the iPad. When I try to make a call out of the iPad, it will not connect.

similarly the messages on the iPad only sync the text, not the photos. This was all working perfectly a week ago.

i Have no idea what's happened, nor how to fix it.

i Tried restarting the iPad, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:14 PM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 11:18 PM in response to Woodwyn

FaceTime Troubleshoot

1. Make sure you are using the latest software

2. Sign out, reboot and sign in again

3. Make sure Date and Time is correctly set; Settings>General>Date and Time>Set Automatically>On

4. Make sure phone number or email address is correct

5. Restart iPad

6. Reset iPad. Hold the Sleep and Home button down (together) until you see the Apple Logo

Jul 12, 2014 9:40 AM in response to Diavonex

All the devices involved were running the latest software, date and time set correctly, phone number and address correct, restarted the iPad, and reset the iPad.

The key was signing out and signing back into FaceTime on the iPad. I was fooled because I was already signed out, and had just signed back in, as well as confirming on the Mac Book that it was allowed to access tho contact numbers and addresses. It never occurred to me to sign out again and sign back in.

Live and learn.

FaceTime and messages not syncing properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.