Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When updating apps Ipad is prompting a login to a wrong account, which is not the one set in itunes store?

When trying to update few apps, itunes is asking password on a wrong user (probably an old wrong entry on mine).

I checked the user defined in. Itunes settings, and that is the right one. Where could the wrong user be stored and how can I reset It?

thanks In advance.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:17 AM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 12:53 AM in response to Steelmaker99

If those apps were downloaded by the account that is showing in the Updates tab (could somebody else have downloaded them from their account ?) then only that account will be able to download updates to them. You could try logging out of your account by tapping on your id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store app on your device and then log back in and see if your id then shows in Updates for them.

When updating apps Ipad is prompting a login to a wrong account, which is not the one set in itunes store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.