Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Genre Keeps Changing

My music genre of my purchased Itunes music keeps changing. It's gotten to the point that it's really frustrating. Especially since I have my music categorized how I want. I feel like my freedoms with iTunes are slowly being restricted. It's music that I pay for so why shouldn't I be able to edit the details how I see fit?!?! Is there any way to rectify this issue because it keeps happening and again, it's frustrating.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:27 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 2:42 AM in response to rmthom2190

In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences > Store and turn off

• Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases
  • Share details about your library with Apple

On any iOS device go to Settings > Music and turn off

Show All Music

Close and reopen iTunes and/or reset the device and you should see your version of the metadata for each track rather than the original store data.

tt2

Jul 12, 2014 7:05 AM in response to rmthom2190

I haven't tried turingtest2's which may fix the problem, but I've also noticed that if I go into each each song, via get info, info and just scroll through all of them by hitting next, next, next, etc it does put them back to the genre I designated versus the one the store defaulted to when I downloaded it. You may not want to do this if your library is large though! Wears out the index finger!

Music Genre Keeps Changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.