Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Won't Sync

So I recently updated the software on my iPhone 5 to 7.1.2 and my iTunes to 11.3. Today I went to update the music on my phone and backup to my computer, however my phone is not recognized at all when plugged in. It pops up a box on my phone asking if I want to trust or not trust the device trying to access my phone and I click 'trust' and nothing happens. It just makes the noise of connecting and disconnecting. I have restarted my computer, reset my phone and nothing has worked. I ran the diagnostics with iTunes and even when my phone is plugged in, it says no device is found. Has anyone else had this issue after updating software? How can I fix this?!

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:12 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2014 2:59 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hello All,

- I have an iPhone 3GS (yes very old... but it is still functioning well! ) and I have the same issue after downloading the latest version (11.3).

- I connected the iphone to my PC (Windows 8) by usb port, the Phone is recognized by it, so the USB port works fine.

- iTunes does not start automatically

- if I click on iTunes, the iPhone is not displayed in the iTunes screen.

- I checked the connectivity through iTunes and this is the message that it shows at the end

La fecha y la hora local es: 2014-07-14 18:54:23.

iTunes no se ejecuta en modo seguro.

La composición acelerada de WebKit está activada.

Compatible con HDCP.

Compatible con Core Media.

**** Información de complementos externos ****

No hay complementos externos instalados.

**** Pruebas de conectividad del dispositivo ****

iPodService 11.3.0.54 (x64) se está ejecutando.

iTunesHelper 11.3.0.54 se está ejecutando.

Apple Mobile Device service 3.3.0.0 se está ejecutando.

No se ha encontrado ningún controlador de bus serie universal.

No se han encontrado controladores de host FireWire (IEEE 1394).

Dispositivos más recientes no conectados en este momento:

iPhone 3GS usando la versión 6.1.6 del firmware

Número de serie: XXXXXXXXXXX

**** Pruebas de sincronización del dispositivo ****

No se ha encontrado ningún iPod, iPhone o iPad.

Jul 14, 2014 3:18 PM in response to CarlAVII

I tried these suggestions and they did not work for me. The USB works properly because the computer recognizes it, however iTunes does not. I went through my computer updates and realized my computer updated to Windows 8.1 which does not support all iTunes functions currently. I did a system restore and uninstalled 8.1 and my phone now syncs! Hopefully Windows can get this bug fixed

iPhone Won't Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.