Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving from managed to referenced libraries

greetings, i had a very large managed library and am now in the process of moving to a referenced system via the "relocate original" option. here's my question... i've noticed on a few moves that the number of photos moved doesn't always match the numbers of photos in the project. why is that? am i really losing photos somewhere? i ahem my original managed library backed up in time capsule. should i start over and do something different?

thanks.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:21 AM

i've noticed on a few moves that the number of photos moved doesn't always match the numbers of photos in the project. why is that?

Do you have images with several versions? Multiple versions of the same image in a project are sharing the same original image file. So, if you have an image with three versions and relocate the original, only one original file needs to be moved. Could that be the reasons for the discrepancies in numbers you are seeing?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 12:21 AM in response to Scott Loeffler

i've noticed on a few moves that the number of photos moved doesn't always match the numbers of photos in the project. why is that?

Do you have images with several versions? Multiple versions of the same image in a project are sharing the same original image file. So, if you have an image with three versions and relocate the original, only one original file needs to be moved. Could that be the reasons for the discrepancies in numbers you are seeing?

Moving from managed to referenced libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.