Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor has a magenta hue

I updated my wife's 11" MBA to OS X 10.9.4 today. I set it up to do the update as we were leaving the house, and when we came back the image on her external monitor now has a magenta hue. I have no idea if the update caused the problem or if it just a coincidence. It is quite possibly the weirdest thing I have ever seen (and that's saying something). The external monitor is connected through a Belkin Thunderbolt hub, and if I plug the monitor directly into the computer the problem goes away, which would seem to indicate that the hub is the problem. Trick is, I swapped out the hub and the problem remained. I have also swapped out the computer, the monitor, and the HDMI cable. The only thing I haven't swapped out is the thunderbolt cable and the power supply for the Belkin hub. Has anyone else here ever seen anything like this before?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:17 AM

There are no replies.

External monitor has a magenta hue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.