Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMAC iTUNES NOW READING SONG FROM THE CLOUD INSTEAD OF THE MACHINE IT IS ON

Bit of a strange one, hopefully someone can help.

All my songs are physically located on my iMAC, I have iTunes Match and yesterday a few of my buddies came back tom the pub, we natural threw some songs on, in the midst of this one of my friends managed to do something (no idea how) where EVERY SONG VANISHED??? I made sure my iTunes match was loaded etc, but every song I have is located on the iMAC and now even though I have managed to restore everything it seems that iTUNES is playing everything from the cloud and not the machine it was and still is originally one, every song has the download marker on it, and there is now option to show in finder anymore. Now its cool I still have all my songs and everything I just really wanna know what the **** my buddy did (and he doesn't know either) and revert it back to how it was originally playing songs.

Thanks in advance

P

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:41 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 11:40 AM in response to xqt

Hi,

I have tried this, yet there doesn't seem to be this file on the machine, even after a search. I have been through the entire song lists too and the are a handful of songs that seem to be playing from the drive yet the vast majority have the download icon next to them, so I cannot play them unless i'm signed into to iTunes match.

I really don't understand how this could of happened, it shows the songs that it is associating to the hard drive as recently added too???

My iMAC iTUNES NOW READING SONG FROM THE CLOUD INSTEAD OF THE MACHINE IT IS ON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.